About the Job
- Heavy vehicle component sales
- Technical Sales and Account Management
- Attractive salary + super + vehicle + bonus
My client, JOST, are a leading manufacturer and supplier of major components to the truck and trailer industry. They are – hands down – the international market leader in their field. Everyone that knows them says positive things about their product. Customers love ‘doing business’ with this company. Employees come to work to be part of ‘something special’ – something that can only be felt and experienced when you’re part of it. A unique opportunity has opened the doors for new talent to join this business. They are looking for an experienced salesperson that can manage a territory and grow the revenue stream of the Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne and Victoria.
The majority of your week will be spent on the road – at least 4 out of 5 days. If you’re in the office, it means that you’re not spending time with customers and building relationships! There is a technical side to this role, so whilst it is not critical that you already know this product, a certain level of mechanical/technical aptitude is required. You’ll need to have both technical and commercial conversations with customers. Naturally, full and ongoing training is provided. Furthermore, the role is approximately 70% account management. This means relationship management is #1. However, there are always opportunities to grow the territory – both with current customers, as well as with new business prospects.
The Person – You!
- Ideally, you come from within the truck/trailer industry. Please, no one selling transport/freight services. Experience gained in the heavy vehicle sector – ideally truck, trailer or parts sales will be strongly favoured.
- You have been selling to a range of customers, including dealers, OEM, fleet and workshops.
- It is also essential that you live in the South/Eastern suburbs of Melbourne and are willing to travel. (As long as you don’t live in the Western Suburbs, you will be considered.) It is expected that you will undertake intrastate travel – up to one week per month.
- A strong customer focus, with the ability to build relationships. My client is an international market leader and therefore has a strong footprint. Maintaining service levels and relationships is therefore critical.
- A mechanical background or an understanding of trucks is also desirable.
- Strong account management skills
- Team focused sales – although there are salespeople managing other territories throughout Victoria & Tasmania, ‘everyone helps everyone’ as required through sick/annual leave, customer requirements & presentations and so on.
An immediate start is available to the suitable candidate. Please apply immediately with your resume and we’ll be in touch with anyone who ticks the above criteria. Candidates and recruiters, please do not contact JOST directly. To be considered for this position, please apply via Seek and candidates will be contacted by a recruitment partner who has an exclusive arrangement with JOST.