About the Job
- Why work for the #2, 3, 4 in the market? Join a well-established, market leader in the pump and water treatment industry!
- Be in control of your day, diary and sales – no micromanagement!
- The focus of this business is wholly and solely is on the customer!
Globally, NOV / Mono Pumps (www.nov.com / www.monopumps.com) is recognised as being at the forefront of their industry. The technical description is that they provide Progressive Capacity Pumping Systems. But people don’t work with this business because of that! It’s just a great place to come to work! They’re an international business, so there’s lots of resource behind you and there’s low staff turnover too. Their reputation has been built on their excellence in service and due to the ever-growing demands of our satisfied customers, together with a buoyant economy, a newly created opportunity has opened up in New Zealand to manage the northern half of the north Island (Lake Tapou – Bay of Islands).
- Call on industrial customers, together with agricultural, pump shops (in regional areas), wineries and manufacturing (food & beverage) businesses to maintain relationships, understand future projects and tender accordingly.
- Work with technical teams to propose, solve and present solutions to customers.
- Maintain the job functions of a high performing sales professional and hold yourself to a high standard to get the most out of yourself and clients.
- Work autonomously and communicate with management on your territory plan and call cycles.
- Manage and grow the designated territory.
If you are a proactive person with a strong customer service focus, take pride and ownership in your work, have excellent attention to detail, complete tasks to a high standard, and want to be part of a growing organisation this could be your next long-term role. This role will suit a seasoned pump sales individual who can self-manage time and is customer and results focused.
- You will be a strategic new business hunter with a strong commercial acumen.
- Engineering Qualifications are desirable but not essential.
- It is also desirable but not essential that you have experience selling pumps or flow-related technologies.
- You will have a technical mindset – not necessarily from the pumps industry – and be able to communicate technically and commercially. Remember, you’re in sales!
- Perhaps you have sold ‘something technical’ – ideally a service and/or solution – to councils, service agents, utilities, water treatment plants and sewer plants.
- You will have experience working autonomously and you can effectively self-manage.
- You are professional, polished and seek a long-term commercial role in which your stability ultimately relies on your performance.
- Be able to utilise your knowledge and experience to enhance your customer’s business.
- Maintain a focus on continuous product and customer service improvement.
- Have strong teamwork skills, a positive ‘mindset’ and a consultative approach.
- Highly motivated with the ability to plan, schedule and manage time efficiently.
- Most importantly, you enjoy working in a small team and take responsibility for not only your key tasks but are also prepared to roll up the sleeves and do whatever’s required to get the job done.
On offer is a competitive base salary, together with kiwisaver, fully maintained company vehicle, all the tools of trade and a bonus structure. Most importantly, you will be joining the company at a very exciting time as the business is experiencing steady growth. This is an exciting role for an individual seeking a stable, technical sales career within a respected company with an international presence that also provides a very healthy and friendly working environment.
Candidates and recruiters, please do not contact NOV directly. To be considered for this position, please apply via Seek and candidates will be contacted by a recruitment partner who has an exclusive arrangement with NOV.